The stunning indoor arena at The Equidome provides the ultimate “all-weather” riding experience. The calm, well lit atmosphere creates a delightful environment to both compete and train in. The indoor arena comprises of a gross floor building area of approximately 4100 square metres. The Equidome features an Ecotrack 63m x 35m main equestrian indoor arena as well as a 70m x 40m cloph surface outside warm-up arena.
Ecotrack is a wax coated surface, specially manufactured for indoor applications. This international competition surface is the same as those used at the Global Champions tour, London Olympia Horse trials and Royal Windsor Horse shows. The surface is suitable for demanding professional equestrian purposes, and adaptable to several equestrian disciplines.
The Equidome will accommodate top equestrian events such as FEI World Cup Qualifiers, National title events, Provincial and Social shows for all equestrian disciplines.
Substantial viewing capacity easily holds audiences of over 1200 people and offers ring side viewing, and has 10 hospitality suites. Close to the indoor is an under roof warm up arena ideally situated to allow riders prepare for their competition and avoid standing around. A well-appointed surround sound system offers equally distributed sound quality to all inside the Equidome.
A massive 6m x 3m big television screen will ensure that no one misses out on any action. Permanent camera platforms and cameras form part of this impressive set-up and riders will have access to all rounds ridden at the venue. The indoor arena offers 30 toilets (including a toilet for the disabled) as well as shower facilities.
The arena has a designated judges’ box providing judges with an eagle eyed view of the proceedings below. The judges’ box is fitted with state of the art sound, television and timing equipment.
Our colourful array of show jumps have been exclusively sourced for the Equidome and we will continually add to our collection. We like to offer interesting and varied courses to challenge the horse and rider.
Stables & Horse box/truck Parking
Ample parking is available for 300 cars in our tarred car park, as well as a dedicated area for horse-boxes and trucks. We have 50 beautiful 3m x 3m stables in our barn including stallion stables available to book at any time.
A warm welcome awaits you at The Equidome when you walk into the exquisitely furnished Club House where you have the option to relax in comfort in a snug lounge with flat screen TV’s, Wi-Fi and comfortable sofas and chairs. Whether watching an event in the arena or on-screen or awaiting a loved one who’s dragged you along, our excellent lounge options provide the five star treatment you only dream of!
The Bits and Bites Canteen
Our “Bits and Bites Canteen” offers tasty meals & snacks during shows and all major events. The Menu features the traditional favourites such as burgers, toasted sandwiches, salads, grooms meals and other delights.
The Bean@ Cafe
The Bean@ Equidome is a typical coffee shop and will serve breakfast, freshly made light meals, salads, sandwiches and wraps. “Bean@” will serve tasty cakes and confectionary, slushies, milkshakes and of course creamy cappuccinos and hot chocolates. Tea and coffee will be served at all times.
- The Gallery is situated above the canteen and coffee shop and is used for equestrian, corporate, recreational, social and educational events.
- The Gallery is a stylish 36m x 12m multi-purpose venue with a tiled floor, bar and kitchen facilities. It is the ideal venue for a luncheon, team build, corporate meeting, launch or other events.
- The Gallery has prime viewing of the Equidome Arena and has 88 seats allocated outside in front of the venue for guests. It can accommodate 120 people banquet style or 150 – 180 cocktail/buffet inside The Gallery. This venue can be booked and the Equidome will provide upmarket catering and assist you with themes and décor.
- The Gallery can also be used for Pilates, Yoga, Dancing classes such as Salsa, Latin Dancing and others. Please feel free to approach us if you would like to hire the facility for other activities beneficial to the community at large.
(maximum 4 horses per 30min.)
- R400 minimum cost per 30min. R800 p/hour
- Day-time Hire – R800 per hour (max 8 horses) 07:30 until 18:00
- Evening Hire – R1200 per hour with lights (max 4 horses) from 18:00 onwards
Jump and Go’s
- R 100 per round
- R 200 for 3 rounds
- Courses will be changed every week, please look out for the height schedule
Dressage Ride and Go’s
- R200 x per 2 tests- 2 of the same tests ridden. Ride your test, look at feedback and come back and ride again in 20 minutes (includes R40 official’s fee)
- R140 per test (Including R40 officials fee)
The Equidome can cater for different events – We can tailor packages to suit your club or organisation and suit your needs for
- Horse auctions
- Training camps
- Equestrian Instruction Clinics
- Equestrian Seminars
Also NON EQUESTRIAN events such as
- Team builds
- Conferences and Seminars
- Indoor events
- Pilates, Latino dancing and Salsa, etc.
- Celebrations (please note that there are noise restrictions in BCE)
- Fun events, such as Bingo or Quiz nights
We have 10 hospitality boxes (5 x 16 seater, 4 x 8 seaters and 1 x 20 seater) with bar facilities plus food and snack options. Private seating is in front of your private box. These boxes will be available for hire for each event. Please refer to the entry forms for the rates.
Should you have a specific enquiry please don’t hesitate to contact us direct to discuss.
Membership will be offered on the following basis (valid 1 January 2016 to 31 December 2016):
• Associate Membership:
• Junior and Pony Riders under 16:
• Social Membership:
• Temporary Membership:
• Beaulieu Country Estate owners:
– R200 (Free if parents are members)
– R200 (Non-Riders)
– R 25 (cost of the Membership card only)